- 1. Applications can take place ON THE WEBSITE by submitting the completed application form, OR BY PHONE CALL; followed by registration fee payment for the camp.
- 2. By submitting the application form the participant declares to have received these regulations and in addition declares himself/herself in agreement with its contents.
- 3. Registration closes on 1 August 2019.
- 4. The reception date of the full payment will be considered as the registration date. You will receive more detailed information about the camp, the courses and the projects on a regular basis by email.
- 5. If you want to register as a group (3-5), request the Group Codes via the contact form on our website. We will contact you to arrange the Registration.
- 6. Our Vacation camp is an event for students who haven’t yet started their tertiary studies, but are finishing up their JHS & SHS education. If you are at least 15 years of age and in your later to final stage of high school, Vacation camp Higher Purpose is for you. If HIGHER PURPOSE finds that the starting level is insufficient, HIGHER PURPOSE may decide not to admit the participant to the course.
- 7. We act in good faith to provide you with access to your personal information and to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it does not otherwise need to be retained by law or for evaluation purposes. Furthermore we will use your email address to inform you about Higher Purpose 2019.
CANCELLATION BY HIGHER PURPOSE CAMP
- 8.0. HIGHER PURPOSE (HiPo2019) reserves the right to cancel the program or your registration.
- 8.1. In the unlikely situation in which the whole program has to be cancelled due to any unforseen circumstances, HiPo2019 shall reimburse participants registration fee less 10% administrative cost.
- 8.2. Any participant who presents false information shall be removed from the program without reimbursement
CANCELLATION BY THE PARTICIPANT
- 9. Costs will be owed in the event of cancellation or if the participant interrupts the program or ends it prematurely. Regardless of your reasons for cancellation, the following cancellation policy applies. These costs are as follows:
- If the participant cancels before 1 March 2019, he/she will get a full refund of all paid fees.
- If the participant cancels before 1 May 2019, he/she will have to forfeit 25% of the full Vacation camp fee.
- If the participant cancels after 1 May 2019, before 1 July 2019, he/she will have to forfeit 50% of the full Vacation camp fee.
- If the participant cancels after 1 July 2019, he/she will have to forfeit the full Vacation camp fee.
- If the participant is leaving the Vacation camp while participating (between 10th-18th August), the participant will not get a refund.
- 10. HIGHER PURPOSE cannot be held liable for theft, pilferage and non-delivery items belonging to the participant and HIGHER PURPOSE shall assume no liability for items stored by the participant.
- HIGHER PURPOSE is liable towards the participant for any damages that is the result of a failure to perform on the part of HIGHER PURPOSE, unless the failure to perform cannot be attributed to HIGHER PURPOSE or to an auxiliary person, servant or agent whom HIGHER PURPOSE has engaged in connection with the performance of the agreement.
- HIGHER PURPOSE will not be liable for any damage in any case in the event that:
- A. the breach of the agreement can be blamed on an incident that HIGHER PURPOSE or an auxiliary person, servant or agent whom HIGHER PURPOSE has engaged in connection with the performance of the agreement could not reasonably have foreseen or prevented;
- B. The breach of the agreement can be blamed on force majeure. Force majeure is taken to mean any abnormal or unforeseen circumstances over which HIGHER PURPOSE or auxiliary persons, servants or agents whom HIGHER PURPOSE has engaged in connection with the performance of the agreement have no control. There will be deemed to be a situation involving force majeure in any case in the event that the agreement is not performed as a result of a strike, fire, poor weather conditions, a natural disaster etc.
- 11. In those cases for which the terms and conditions of registration do not provide, the director of HIGHER PURPOSE vacation camp will decide in reasonableness and in fairness.
The measures below are being taken to improve the safety of the camp and its attendants. Please read these general terms carefully.
13. Safety Regulations
- The event takes place on the well guarded garden of HIGHER PURPOSE (24/7 security) – THE GEG.
- Qualified emergency response personnel are present on the camp site.
- The camp site is only accessible with a specific Higher Purpose vacation camp Tag.
- Participants are not allowed to leave the camp site without an escort.
- Fire combat material is present on the camp site.
- Emergency exits (as mandatory by law) will be installed during the camp.
- Supervisors are present during the camp 24/7.
- Supervisors and security staff shall be guarding the camp site at all times. Professional security is present on site and can be called upon during suspected emergencies.
- A first aid post is present on the camp site. A Hospital is 5 minutes drive away.
- An emergency phone number is available 24/7.
- Boys and girls shall be sleeping separately in their designated tents present on the camp site.
- During all activities experienced supervisors will be present.
- Official event documentation is acquired in the form of an event permit from the district assembly.
- No alcohol, no fire arms or anything illegal is permitted on the camp grounds. Offenders will be prosecuted